See the attached pdf
Public Transportation Services Corporation(PTSC)
Non-Represented EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
SENIOR RISK ANALYST
$69,722 – $87,131 – $104,541
This bulletin is posted to establish or add to a Qualified Candidate Pool(QCP)
To perform complex risk management work, and monitor procurement and contract insurance requirements in compliance with Metro’s Risk Management Policies and Programs.
Example Of Duties
. Analyzes and monitors the insurance requirements provisions of Metro contracts
. Addresses and resolves issues and problems of performance with vendor insurance contractual obligations including Metro’s large capital projects
. Coordinates the preparation and development of underwriting technical specifications and data, coverage requirements, and other requirements for insurance programs
. Negotiates with insurance underwriters to establish premium cash flow plans
. Coordinates and monitors annual insurance premium audits to ensure expenditures reflect construction values for each project
. Oversees Metro’s subrogation and loss recovery efforts
. Acts on behalf of the project manager to ensure departmental projects are completed according to deadlines and standards
. Provides regulatory and statistical reporting of safety, public liability/property damage and workers’ compensation programs
. Assesses training needs and develops and presents training on the workers’ compensation, public liability/property damage, and insurance tracking systems
. Implements the Department’s information security policies and procedures
. Designs and prepares complex narrative, statistical, graphic, and tabular reports on risk management issues
. Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
. Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration or other related field
. 4 years’ experience working in financial accounting, insurance analysis, contract claims management or working with Risk Management information systems or claims information systems; property and liability insurance and claims analysis
. Experience as outlined above may be substituted for education on year-for-year basis
. Valid California Class C driver license
Preferred Qualifications Due to the competitiveness of the recruitment, consideration may be given to those candidates who demonstrate the following additional qualifications:
. Industry designations such as: Chartered Property/Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Certified Public Account (CPA)
. Experience utilizing with Microsoft Business Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
. Experience producing complex written reports and conducting presentations to internal and external clients
. May require on call 24 hours
. Theories, principles and practices of risk management
. Principles of statistical anaylsis, finance and budgeting
. Modern management theory
. Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations including workers’ compensation
. Contract management
. Perform contract insurance analysis
. Analyze situations, identify problems, recommend solutions, and evaluate outcome
. Perform work administering comprehensive risk management insurance programs
. Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budget
. Compile and analyze complex data
. Interact professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
. Communicate effectively orally and in writing
. Oversee diverse risk management functions in a complex, multi insurance program environment
. Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence
. Negotiate and mediate
. Exercise sound judgment and creativity in making decisions
. Plan financial and staffing needs for annual budgeting and multi-year forecasting
. Establish and implement policies and procedures
. Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro’s website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location: METRO Headquarters, Employment Office One Gateway Plaza Los Angeles, CA 90012 Telephone: (213) 922-7153 or for the hearing impaired (TDD), call (213) 922-3900. All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date. (SA)
*Open to the public and all Metro employees
This job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
PTSC BENEFITS Medical/Dental/Vision Plan – Employee has the choice of 3 separate medical plans and 3 dental plans. A separate vision plan is included in each medical plan. Group Life Insurance – PTSC pays for an amount equal to your annual salary, rounded up to the nearest $1,000. Minimum amount of life insurance is $30,000. Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – PTSC provides $50,000 coverage for each employee. Additional voluntary coverage in amounts up to $500,000 is available at favorable premium rates. Long-Term Disability Insurance – 100% employer paid. Provides employees with a minimum income of 60% of earnings after six months of disability. Buy up or buy down options available. Holidays – 10 days a year: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Time off with Pay (TOWP) – Compensates employees who are on approved absence from work for reasons such as illness, injury, medical and dental appointments, personal business, vacation, or observance of (a) religious holiday. Years of Service Annual Accrual Hire date – 5 years 20 days Beginning of 6th – 10th year 25 days Beginning of 11th – 15th year 30 days Beginning of 16th + years 35 days Pension Plan – Employer paid defined benefits pension plan under PERS. Vesting after 5 years’ service. New employees do not participate in Social Security for Old Age and Survivors Disability Insurance. Other Benefits: Transportation passes for employees and/or eligible dependents; Medicare; Tuition reimbursement; credit union membership; SDI; Deferred Compensation Plan; 401(K) Thrift plan; EAP; US Savings Bond Program; Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts; Flexible work schedules; and Jury Duty Pay.
1. Do you posses a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university?
2. Please select the years of experience you have that is related to financial accounting, insurance analysis, contract claims management or working with Risk Management information systems or claims information systems; property and liability insurance analysis.
3. Please list your specific duties and experience you have that is related to financial accounting, insurance analysis, contract claims management or working with Risk Management information systems or claims information systems; property and liability insurance analysis. (Do not refer or rely on a resume or other documentation as we will not review resumes to determine qualifications.)
4. Please list the places and dates of employment where you performed the specific duties required for this position.(Do not refer or rely on a resume or other documentation as we will not review resumes to determine qualifications.)
5. Please list your specific duties and experience utilizing Microsoft Business Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. If you do not have this experience, please write “n/a” in the below field.
6. Please list your specific duties and experience producing complex written reports and conducting presentations to internal and external clients. If you do not have this experience, please write “n/a” in the below field.
7. Do you possess any certifications such as: Chartered Property/Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Public Account (CPA)? If you do not have any of these certifications please write “n/a” in the field below.
Schools Excess Liability Fund (SELF)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Annual salary range: negotiable and competitive
SELF offers an exceptional benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
The initial review of resumes will take place on Monday, December 24, 2018.
This an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, hands-on leader to continue and enhance the efforts of this exemplary insurance pool to provide outstanding service to its member agencies. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for directing the activities of the organization; performing risk management related functions, ensuring appropriate retention levels for self-insured pooled programs, evaluation and recommendation of procedures for loss control programs and risk retention/transfer; analyzing and interpreting the financial condition and recommending corrective action to ensure current and future financial stability; formulating policies and procedures for adoption by the Board, and providing proactive leadership and guidance on agency programs; engaging in a proactive legislation program; representing SELF before the media and various public agencies.
Located in Sacramento, the Capital of California, SELF (a not-for-profit, joint powers authority) is one of the largest and most successful, financially sound pools in the nation providing excess liability coverage to public educational agencies throughout California to protect California’s schools from the devastation of a catastrophic loss.
Candidates should have experience at a senior management level that demonstrates a strong background and knowledge of liability and workers’ compensation insurance markets and insurance pooling, risk management, finance, claims management, and business development; combined with superior leadership and strategic planning skills. Direct experience with insurance and risk management programs is mandatory. Experience working in or managing a joint powers agency (JPA) or other public agency is highly desirable.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity, please submit an electronic version of your resume (including dates of employment plus staff and budgets managed), compelling cover letter, the names of six professional references (two each of current or former: supervisors, direct reports, and colleagues), and no more than one page response to the Supplemental Question listed below to: https://secure.cpshr.us/escandidate/JobDetail?ID=411
Supplemental Question: Please describe your experience managing insurance and risk management programs, including the development and implementation of effective/creative strategies to ensure your agency’s future stability within this industry.
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
The Schools Excess Liability Fund (SELF) is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary range: $7,034 to $8,547 per month
Application deadline: Open until filled.
The first review of resumes will take place on Friday, November 2, 2018.
Inyo County, located in the beautiful high-desert and alpine environments of the Eastern Sierra Slope in California, is seeking a capable professional to be its next Risk Manager.
The Risk Management Division is specifically focused on areas such as General Liability Self-Insurance, Workers’ Compensation, Property, Crime, Medical Malpractice, Aviation, and Pollution. This position will report to the County Administrative Officer, offering high-level access to issues of importance. Other duties will include investigating and settling claims and ensuring HIPPA and ADA compliance.
Candidates should be able to communicate issues in a professional manner and be willing to stand by a recommendation. Desirable traits include someone who is calm under pressure, given the nature of risk management, with the ability to handle conflict.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity, please submit your resume (including dates of employment plus staff and budgets managed), cover letter, and the names of six work-related references (two each: current or former supervisors, direct reports, and colleagues) by applying on our website: https://secure.cpshr.us/escandidate/JobDetail?ID=399
For further information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
Tel: 916 / 471-3301
Inyo County is an equal opportunity employer.
Wilmes, LLC is hiring sales reps to support our efforts in public service.
Develop new customers by selling products; meeting customer needs.
* Enhances sales staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
* Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
* Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
* Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
* Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
* Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
* Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
* Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
* Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales
Apply at http://wilmes.co/careers
Special District Risk Management Authority (SDRMA)
Chief Executive Officer
Annual salary range: Negotiable and competitive with like agencies.
SDRMA also provides an attractive benefits package that includes CalPERS retirement.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 23, 2018
SDRMA provides property, liability, workers’ compensation and health benefits coverage protection and risk management services statewide exclusively for California public agencies. SDRMA’s primary objective is to serve as a single comprehensive resource providing quality coverage protection, risk management services, claims management, as well as a world-class safety and loss prevention program tailored to meet the complex needs of public agencies. SDRMA’s more than 660 members provide a wide variety of public services ranging from air quality management to wastewater collection and treatment, as well as municipal services.
Ideal candidates will bring five years of increasing responsibility in a management or administrative position that includes supervisory responsibilities, as well as formulation and implementation of programs, budgets and administrative operations. A Bachelor’s degree is expected. The ability to obtain the Associate in Risk Management (ARM or ARM-P) professional designation within the first 12 months of employment is anticipated. A Master’s degree and additional claims or risk management certifications such as CRM or CPCU are desirable.
To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter, a list of six work-related references (two supervisors, two direct reports and two colleagues). Résumé should reflect years and months of employment, beginning/ending dates as well as size of staff and budgets you have managed. Please go to our website to read the detailed recruitment brochure and submit your materials: https://secure.cpshr.us/escandidate/JobDetail?ID=359
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
Ph: (916) 471-3126
The Special District Risk Management Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Autism has always been here, we just didn’t have a name for it. We love to give everything a name, but has doing so caused a ripple in the fabric of society? Today, I sit down to explore Autism with John Henderson and how our cities and schools can better adapt to the societal shift and the negative effects of labeling – especially when it comes to its unintended consequences.
John has a new book coming out entitled SWAY. Look for it on Amazon or at other fine retailers. John is also giving away a copy of his new book here. Just leave a comment after you listen to the show and we will pick a lucky winner.
Where to find John
The ideal candidate will oversee preconstruction and construction for the netting projects.
Drive, develop, and cultivate relationships with Architects, Engineers, Sub- Contractors, and Inspectors.
Manage project team in collaboration with superintendent.
Estimation review and budget management.
Help Procure all necessary permits and licenses.
Performs inspections of crews, providing feedback, stopping any unsafe work (stop work authority), and completing reports as necessary, JHA’s, Near Misses, Incident/Accident Reports, etc.
Demonstrated ability to lead in a safe, consistent manner per OSHA requirements
Bidding, budgeting and buy out of subcontractor trades.
Negotiating and coordinating subcontractor agreements.
Resolves contractual issues that arise with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
Scheduling work of all trades and suppliers.
Reporting for management budgets and timelines.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with coursework in construction, engineering or related fields.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task while leading meetings, delivering reports, submittals, maintaining sub list, subcontracts, schedules, change orders, insurance, material procurement, logistics, closeouts, etc.
Ability to demonstrate effective leadership methodologies, while maintaining a professional environment.
Strong technical understanding of construction, architectural design, and engineering.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
West Coast Netting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an extremely competitive salary package which includes excellent base salary, 401(k) with company match, Medical, vacation,
Job Type: Full-time
Project Management: 1 year
45K to 55K plus bonuses
|— Ready to change the world of risk management and loss control? Do you think traditional safety programs are boring and lack employee engagement? If so, then you might have what it takes to work for Wilmes, LLC. At Wilmes, we believe that safety programs should be exciting and fun.
We are looking for highly motivated sales individuals that have a real desire to earn 100k+
– Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills- Professional and courteous demeanor- PC knowledge and experience using word-processing, email, and Internet Explorer or a similar web browser- Familiarity with video conferencing software
– Pursue all qualified prospects via cold calling
– Schedule and perform web demonstrations.
– Close prospects over the phone.
– Travel to your territory & to industry conventions to close accounts.
– Build out a territory of your own and run it independently.
– Possess a strong willingness to do whatever it takes to stand out among the best.
– 2-5 years of relevant sales experience: Software, (Whatever else you’d like to include)
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines.
– Have demonstrated heavy call volume (50-100 outbound a day).
– Experience using CRM to manage multiple prospects.
– Prior experience in performing web demos.
– Must have prior success in a carrying a Monthly/Quarterly Quota.
– 2 weeks of training
– Flexible hours
– $65,000 a year and if you are really good, you can earn more than $100,000 per year! Uncapped Commission!
Job Type: Full-time