The County of San Bernardino invites application for the position of
Risk Control Officer
Job Number: 16-19003-01
$29.88 - $41.14 Hourly $5,179.20 - $7,130.93 Monthly $62,150.40 - $85,571.20 Annually
APPLY BY: Continuous
Applicants are encouraged to apply online: http://www.sbcounty.gov/hr
The Department of Risk Management is recruiting for a Risk Control Officer to supervise the activities of the Risk Control Section. The Risk Control Officer is responsible for planning and directing the County-wide program of accident prevention, safety education, and loss control. The Risk Control Officer is charged with protecting County assets, conducts inquiries into accidents involving County equipment and facilities, and promotes risk management and safety programs. Duties include developing and implementing a program of safety and loss prevention for the County; reviewing policies and practices, and ensuring compliance with all applicable safety codes and standards; coordinating activities with applicable County offices; determining safety and risk control training needs and developing the safety and isk management education program; supervising and/or conducting the instruction of training classes and presentations; and explaining and interpreting policy and procedures.
For more detailed information, refer to the Risk Control Officer job description.
Education: Thirty (30) semester (45 quarter units) of completed college coursework, from an accredited institution, in industrial hygiene, business/public administration, safety, engineering, mathematics, natural, environmental or behavioral science.
Experience: Five (5) years of recent experience in occupational health and safety.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and qualifying experience may be considered.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a lead worker, supervisor or trainer experience in the public sector and designations from of one of the following is highly desirable: Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) or American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH).
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. It is to your advantage to provide complete, detailed information on the application. Do not refer to a resume.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. This recruitment may close without further notice; interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
The Human Resources Department reserves the right to modify the examination process in accordance with the Personnel Rules and accepted selection practices.
Applications may be obtained and filed online at: http://www.sbcounty.gov/hr
(909) 387-8304 • TTY Users: 711
157 West Fifth Street, 1st Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92415
An Equal Employment Opportunity and ADA Compliant Employer Issue Date: 2/6/16 EL
Risk Control Officer Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Instructions: The information on the Application and your responses to the following supplemental questions will be used in a competitive evaluation of qualifications. Detailed responses should be provided for each question in order to ensure qualifications are properly considered (do not refer to a resume). Each response must include the name of your employer(s), dates of employment where you performed the duty, and the title of your position(s). Employers listed on this questionnaire must also be listed and fully detailed in the work experience section of your application.
* 2. Describe your experience in developing and directing loss prevention, risk reduction and loss control programs for a public agency employer.
* 3. Describe your experience with the design, development, implementation and maintenance of record keeping systems, and consultation with management on loss trends, countermeasures and increased effectiveness of loss prevention and control programs.
* 4. Describe your experience in administering ergonomic, industrial hygiene or bloodborne pathogens programs.
* 5. Risk Management Supervision: Describe your experience leading/supervising risk management staff. Include the employer name, the number and type of staff leading/supervising, and the specific duties you were responsible for (hiring, firing, counseling, writing and signing work performance evaluations, training, assigning and reviewing work, disciplinary actions, developing/approving work schedules, approving time off, etc.)
- Do you currently possess a valid Loss Prevention/Safety Training Certificate(s)? If so, provide the title(s) of the certificate, your Certificate Number and Expiration Date.
* 7. I understand that I cannot update my application once I have submitted it. Therefore, I have completed all sections and provided full descriptions of my duties and responsibilities for each employer, and have fully reviewed my answers to all questions on the supplemental prior to submitting my application. (Do not refer to a resume or other documentation in lieu of completing the employment history section or responding to the supplemental questions; they will not be reviewed or considered.)
* Required Question
Our job is to create a county in which those who reside and invest can prosper and achieve well-being.
County of San Bernardino Confidentiality Notice: This communication contains confidential information sent solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are not authorized to use it in any manner, except to immediately destroy it and notify the sender.